Hastings Borough Council is committed to protecting the personal information that we hold and process.
We comply with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have security measures in place to minimise the risk of theft, loss, destruction, misuse or inappropriate disclosure of personal information. All of our systems have unique login details and access is only given to the staff that need it.
In this section of the website you can find a formal privacy notice for each of our services.
Each notice sets out the legal basis for collection and processing of personal data for that service.
These notices apply to Hastings Borough Council's use of any personal information that we collect or create about you. This includes information:
- collected from visitors to our website and users of our web applications
- given to us by phone, social media (such as Facebook and Twitter), email, in letters, in forms and other correspondence
- given in person
- Beach Chalets and Huts
- Business Licensing
- Business Rates
- Council Tax Billing and Recovery
- Disabled Facilities Grants
- Electoral Registration
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Information Regulations Requests
- Estates Management
- Freedom of Information
- Grant Funding Applications
- Housing Advice
- Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction
- Housing Licensing
- Job Applications and Employment
- Local Land Charges Searches
- Parking Fines
- Parking Permits
- Planning Applications
- Planning Policy
- Street Naming and Numbering
- Venue hire