Council tax reduction
Benefits enquiries turnaround
Our current turnaround for benefits enquiries is around six weeks.
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can now be claimed by providing completed application forms, for new claims and change of address, via email.
- You must complete (in black pen) a physical application form and sign the form.
- You can then either scan, or photograph the form using a smartphone, tablet or similar device.
- You can also scan or photograph any supporting documentation that is required.
- These forms and documents should then be emailed directly to: email@example.com ensuring that you include your claim number (if known) and your name in the subject line of the email.
If you are unable to print the required form directly from the website following the below links please contact the benefits helpline on 01424 451080.
You must provide details of your full name, address, post code and the correct form required or we will not be able to forward the form to you.
If you are unable to email your form and documents you can also use the Drop-Off-Box located on the Ground Floor, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, TN34 3UY. If you are unable to email or drop your documents off you can send your application form and documents by post.
Council Tax Reduction is a local scheme for Council Tax payers.
You can claim Council Tax Reduction if you are liable to pay Council Tax in Hastings and St Leonards and are of working age (even if you receive Universal Credit).
You can claim Council Tax Reduction if you are liable to pay Council Tax in Hastings and St Leonards and are of pension age.
You will need to make your Council Tax Reduction claim to us using the approved claim form.
- Am I eligible?
- What do I need to know before making a claim?
- How can I make a claim?
- How is council tax reduction calculated?
- What happens if my form is incomplete?
- I need help completing my form
- What if my circumstances change?
- How is Council Tax Reduction paid?
- Can I get my claim backdated?
- How much Council Tax Reduction will I receive?
- I want to know if I am eligible for single person discount
- Am I eligible for Second Adult Rebate?
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2021-2022 .pdf
Council tax reduction
Got a question about benefits?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Benefits team.