Council tax reduction
Important Changes from 23rd March 2020
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can now be claimed by providing completed application forms, for new claims and change of address, via email.
- You must complete (in black pen) a physical application form and sign the form.
- You can then either scan, or photograph the form using a smartphone, tablet or similar device.
- You can also scan or photograph any supporting documentation that is required.
- These forms and documents should then be emailed directly to: email@example.com ensuring that you include your claim number (if known) and your name in the subject line of the email.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, providing forms and documents in this way will reduce the need for you to leave your home to make a claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.
If you are unable to print the required form directly from the website following the below links please contact the benefits helpline on 01424 451080.
You must provide details of your full name, address, post code and the correct form required or we will not be able to forward the form to you.
Council Tax Reduction is a local scheme for Council Tax payers.
You can claim Council Tax Reduction if you are liable to pay Council Tax in Hastings and St Leonards and are of working age (even if you receive Universal Credit).
You can claim Council Tax Reduction if you are liable to pay Council Tax in Hastings and St Leonards and are of pension age.
You will need to make your Council Tax Reduction claim to us using the approved claim form.
- Am I eligible?
- What do I need to know before making a claim?
- How can I make a claim?
- How is council tax reduction calculated?
- What happens if my form is incomplete?
- I need help completing my form
- What if my circumstances change?
- How is Council Tax Reduction paid?
- Can I get my claim backdated?
- How much Council Tax Reduction will I receive?
- I want to know if I am eligible for single person discount
- Am I eligible for Second Adult Rebate?
Council tax reduction
Got a question about benefits?
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Benefits team.