High number of enquiries
We have been receiving a high number of enquiries about the various government grants during COVID and with the increased cost of living. Because of this it is taking us longer than we would like to process claims and reply to emails. We are working hard to respond to all calls and emails within 12 weeks.View your housing benefit account
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can be claimed by providing completed application forms, for new claims and change of address, via email.
- You must complete (in black pen) a physical application form and sign the form.
- You can then either scan, or photograph the form using a smartphone, tablet or similar device.
- You can also scan or photograph any supporting documentation that is required.
- These forms and documents should then be emailed directly to: email@example.com ensuring that you include your claim number (if known) and your name in the subject line of the email
If you are unable to print the required form directly from the website following the below links please contact the benefits helpline on 01424 451080.
You must provide details of your full name, address, post code and the correct form required or we will not be able to forward the form to you.
If you are unable to email your form and documents you can also use the Drop-Off-Box located on the Ground Floor, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, TN34 3UY. If you are unable to email or drop your documents off you can send your application form and documents by post.
Housing Benefit changes for people of Working Age
1. If you are of working age and live in Hastings or St Leonards, you will not be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit.
2. If you require help to pay rent/housing costs, you will need to make an online claim for Universal Credit. To find out more about how to do this, see the Universal Credit page.
2. If you are Working Age and already receiving Housing Benefit it may be replaced by Universal Credit if your circumstances change. If this happens you will be notified.
Housing Benefit information for people of Pension Age
1. If you are of pensionable age you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit.
2. Housing Benefit can be claimed by providing a completed application form for either a new claim or a change of address.
3. To claim Housing Benefit please request a paper claim form via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the benefits helpline on 01424 451080
- Am I eligible?
- What do I need to know before making a claim?
- How can I apply?
- What happens if my form is incomplete?
- I need help completing my form
- What if my circumstances change?
- What about non-dependants?
- Is there a benefits cap?
- How much Housing Benefit will I receive?
- How is Housing Benefit paid?
- Am I eligible for Discretionary Housing Payments?
- Will my claim be backdated?
- What happens if I have been overpaid?