Funding for vulnerable households
The Government have announced a new scheme to help support vulnerable households over the winter as the country continues to recover from the pandemic.
We are still awaiting further details on this scheme, and once we have more information, we will update our website.View your housing benefit account
Important Changes from 23rd March 2020
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can now be claimed by providing completed application forms, for new claims and change of address, via email.
- You must complete (in black pen) a physical application form and sign the form.
- You can then either scan, or photograph the form using a smartphone, tablet or similar device.
- You can also scan or photograph any supporting documentation that is required.
- These forms and documents should then be emailed directly to: email@example.com ensuring that you include your claim number (if known) and your name in the subject line of the email
During the Covid-19 outbreak, providing forms and documents in this way will reduce the need for you to leave your home to make a claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.
If you are unable to print the required form directly from the website following the below links please contact the benefits helpline on 01424 451080.
You must provide details of your full name, address, post code and the correct form required or we will not be able to forward the form to you.
Housing Benefit changes for people of Working Age
1. If you are of working age and live in Hastings or St Leonards, you will not be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit.
2. If you require help to pay rent/housing costs, you will need to make an online claim for Universal Credit. To find out more about how to do this, see the Universal Credit page.
2. If you are Working Age and already receiving Housing Benefit it may be replaced by Universal Credit if your circumstances change. If this happens you will be notified.
Housing Benefit information for people of Pension Age
1. If you are of pensionable age you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit.
2. Housing Benefit can be claimed by providing a completed application form for either a new claim or a change of address.
3. To claim Housing Benefit please request a paper claim form via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the benefits helpline on 01424 451080
- Am I eligible?
- What do I need to know before making a claim?
- How can I apply?
- What happens if my form is incomplete?
- I need help completing my form
- What if my circumstances change?
- What about non-dependants?
- Is there a benefits cap?
- How much Housing Benefit will I receive?
- How is Housing Benefit paid?
- Am I eligible for Discretionary Housing Payments?
- Will my claim be backdated?
- What happens if I have been overpaid?