Housing Benefit changes for people of Working Age
1. From 14th December 2016 if you are of working age and live in Hastings or St Leonards, you will not be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit. Instead, if you require help to pay rent/housing costs, you will need to make an online claim for Universal Credit. To find out more about how to do this, see the Universal Credit area below.
2. If you are Working Age and already receiving Housing Benefit it may be replaced by Universal Credit if your circumstances change. If this happens you will be notified.
Housing Benefit information for people of Pension Age
1. If you are of pensionable age you will not be affected by the DWP's Universal Credit roll out.
2. You may still be entitled to make a new claim for Housing Benefit.
3. To make a claim for Housing Benefit you will need to use the approved claim form. You will need to submit this form to us and not the DWP.
- Am I eligible?
- What do I need to know before making a claim?
- How can I apply?
- What happens if my form is incomplete?
- I need help completing my form
- What if my circumstances change?
- What about non-dependants?
- Is there a benefits cap?
- How much Housing Benefit will I receive?
- How is Housing Benefit paid?
- Am I eligible for Discretionary Housing Payments?
- Will my claim be backdated?
- What happens if I have been overpaid?