Proposed Main Modifications
As a result of the Hearing sessions held for the Hastings Planning Strategy (further details available on our Examination page) and other issues arising, between 20 May and 01 July 2013, we undertook a further consultation concentrating on 3 issues, known collectively as the 'Main Modifications Consultation'.
- Significant changes to the Planning Strategy (also known as Main Modifications) needed to help ensure the Plan is found 'Sound' and 'Legally Compliant' by the Inspector
- The revocation of the South East Plan, and how this affects the Planning Strategy
- New Government demographic household projections
You can view the consultation document and representations received using our online consultation system (this will open a new browser window, choose what you wish to view from the list and follow the on-screen instructions). Alternatively, download a copy of the consultation documents and accompanying guidance note below:
- Proposed Main Modifications consultation document incorporating illustrated extracts to show changes (.pdf)
- Sustainability Appraisal of Main Modifications including Non-Technical Summary (.pdf)
- Statement of Representations Procedure (.pdf)
- Guidance note (.pdf)
- Advertising leaflet (.pdf)
- Planning Strategy Examination documents
Following the close of consultation, all representations were passed to the Independent Inspector for consideration in the writing of his report. He held an Additional Hearing Session on 10 September 2013.
- Main Modifications consultation representations (.pdf)
- Addendum to Statement of Consultation: August 2013 (.pdf)
The Final Inspectors Report was received on 21 October 2013 and the Main Modifications in line with his recommendations were incorporated into the final version of the Planning Strategy (adopted February 2014).