I need help about domestic violence
If you have experienced domestic violence it's important to get advice as soon as possible to help you remain safe:
If you are in immediate danger, please contact
- Police on 999, or you can also use 101 to give information to the police or make an enquiry.
- Refuge on 0808 2000 247 (24 hour Freephone National Domestic Violence Helpline). Refuge's website also contains lots of useful information on domestic violence.
If you need emergency accommodation outside of office hours please telephone 01424 451999.
Domestic Abuse support available
The Portal - If you live in East Sussex, you can also contact The Portal who provide support for domestic abuse.
- Address: FSN, 66 London Road, St Leonards on Sea.
- Telephone 01424 716629 or 0300 323 9985 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm: ring for appointments).
- Email email@example.com
You can also contact The Portal for further advice and support if you are experiencing one of the following situations:
- Honour based violence: A crime or incident which has or may have been committed to protect or defend the honour of the family and/or community.
- Forced Marriage: A marriage conducted without the valid consent of one or both parties and where duress is a factor.
- Female Genital Mutilation: involves procedures to the female genital organs for cultural or other non-therapeutic reasons.
Victim Support - Supports victims of crime to recover from the effects of crime and support witnesses to give evidence in court. Telephone 0845 389 9528
National Rape Crisis Helpline - Telephone 0808 802 9999
Men's Advice Line - Telephone 0808 801 0327
National LGBT Domestic Violence Helpline - Telephone 0800 999 5428
The Sanctuary Scheme
The Sanctuary Scheme can fit extra security measures, such as door chains and window and door locks, to support people to stay in their homes and feel safe. The scheme is voluntary, free and available to you whether you are a homeowner or a tenant as long as you are eligible.
- Telephone 01424 451100
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need housing help