Other help and support
Shelter can provide specialist advice and support if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, including information on your rights if you're homeless and how to avoid becoming homeless.
BHT Hastings Advice can give advice on possession action, homelessness, and disrepair.
Citizens Advice can provide a Money Advice service:
Money Advice provide a higher-quality debt advice service that aims to make sure people get the help they need to deal with their creditors and reduce their debt, ultimately helping people tackle problem debts.
Money Advice can help with:
- Checking people are getting all the benefits they are entitled to.
- Explaining which debts must be paid first and the implications of not making these payments.
- Working out a plan for dealing with debts.
- Negotiating with creditors or empowering people to do this them self.
- Preparing budgets for the future.
- Getting back control of your money and your life
You can contact the Money Advice service telephone 01424 721386
If you are aged 60 or over you may be able to access support from STEPS:
STEPS provides specialist support for people aged 60+. https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/socialcare/support-to-stay-at-home/steps/
- Telephone 0300 123 2422
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a support group locally for veterans, the East Sussex Veterans Hub. They can help with:
- Supporting veterans who are experiencing PTSD and mental ill-health, including wellbeing and coping.
- Provide or support arrangement of financial and material support.
- Advice and support applications for war pensions, compensation, PiPs etc.
- Support for veteran ex-offenders or those involved in the criminal justice system.
- Advice on family support.
- Provide a safe space to engage in social activities.
The contact details are:
East Sussex Veterans Hub (ESVH) 99/100 Group
5 Harold Place
Tel: 07884 263 824
You can also apply for assistance and advice through the British Legion on 0808 802 8080 or http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/about-us/contact-us
Veterans can access services through the Veterans Gateway, an online service and telephone resource commissioned by the Ministry of Defence and delivered by a consortium headed by The Royal British Legion.
There are a number of agencies who provide mental health support service for people living in East Sussex.
East Sussex Community Information Service - www.escis.org.uk
Mind - https://www.mind.org.uk
Southdown Mental Health Recovery Services -https://www.southdown.org/how-we-help/mental-health-recovery
Staying Well Space (Hastings and St Leonards-on-Sea) - Email: StayingWell@southdown.org Telephone: 07384 467 593
I need housing help