Site reference: TC3
Site name: Queensbury House, Havelock Road
Focus Area/Strategic Policy: Focus Area 1: Hastings Central
Use: Commercial/employment led mixed use. Option to include residential uses.
Indicative capacity (net residential dwellings/floorspace): 4,000sqm
Site specific development considerations based on draft Local Plan policies:
Development on this site should:
- Preserve and enhance the setting of the conservation area, and long-range views of and from Hastings Castle
- Support placemaking at key point of arrival in the town, with associated scope to change perceptions
- Provide strong active frontage including retail, leisure or other complementary use
- Improve public realm and support promotion of adjacent Priory Street as a secondary route to the town centre and Bohemia
- Take account of Southern Water's underground infrastructure that crosses the site in the design of the site layout. Easements would be required, which may affect the site layout or require diversion
- Introduce policy compliant 'greening' to the site in a form appropriate to the urban setting
- Take appropriate measures to mitigate the impact of noise on residential dwellings due to its location within the active night time economy setting of Havelock Road
- Provide 25% affordable housing where new residential development is built in line with policy SP2
The following image shows a map of the site boundary.
© Crown Copyright and database rights . OS . Use of this data is subject to terms and conditions. You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the Licensed Data for non-commercial purposes for the period during which Hastings Borough Council makes it available. You are not permitted to copy, sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the Licenced Data to third parties in any form. Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to OS.