Site reference: HL23
Site name: 12-19 Braybrooke Terrace
Focus Area/Strategic Policy: Focus Area 1: Hastings Central
Indicative capacity (net residential dwellings/floorspace): 20
Site specific development considerations based on draft Local Plan policies:
Development on this site should:
- Provide 25% affordable housing in line with policy SP2
- Provide innovative solutions for access and any necessary on-site parking, where parking can be justified in line with policy DP7: this is a relatively narrow site that is bound by high retaining walls and significant level changes adjacent to it.
- Ensure that the quality of the amenity of future occupants, including access to daylight within buildings, is maximised and acceptable given the high retaining walls and limited rear aspect of the site
- Take account of Southern Water's underground infrastructure in the design of the layout of the site. Easements would be required, which may affect the site layout or require diversion, and these should be clear of all proposed buildings and tree planting
- Ensure the retention of trees to the north of the site, adjacent to it and within Linton Gardens (a locally important heritage asset)
- Consider that this site has a high groundwater table and drainage design should be informed by onsite monitoring
- Sustain and enhance the significance and setting of Linton Gardens
The following image shows a map of the site boundary.
© Crown Copyright and database rights . OS . Use of this data is subject to terms and conditions. You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the Licensed Data for non-commercial purposes for the period during which Hastings Borough Council makes it available. You are not permitted to copy, sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the Licenced Data to third parties in any form. Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to OS.