Hastings Central Conservation Area Appraisal
Hastings Central Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan
We have been reviewing the existing Hastings Town Centre, the White Rock and part of the Old Town conservation areas (including Hastings Castle, the Pelham group of buildings and Wellington Square).
Our new draft appraisal provides a description of the historical development and significance of these areas and important features that should be protected. The draft document proposes the amalgamation of these existing conservation areas as well as proposing boundary extensions. The appraisal process has also helped inform the Management Plan, which sets out steps that might need to be taken to maintain the special interest of the area.
Consultation ran from 12 June to 21 July 2017 on the draft Appraisal and Management Plan for Hastings Central Conservation Area. This was followed by a drop-in meeting held on 01 November 2017 from 3-7pm. The consultation documents can be seen below for information purposes only, preparation of the final Hastings Central Conservation Area Appraisal document is underway.
Consultation documents for information (consultation closed)
- Consultation draft: Hastings Central Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan
- Appendix 1: Heritage assets in the Town Centre area
- Appendix 2: Townscape analysis maps
- Appendix 3-5: Glossary, sources, Local Plan policies
- Extract from CAA - map 5 showing the proposed Hastings Central Conservation Area
- Enlargement of map 5 - proposed northern extensions
- Enlargement of map 5 - proposed southern extensions
- Summary leaflet
The Council is looking to adopt the Hastings Central Conservation Area Appraisal as soon as possible in 2019.