Do I need planning permission for internal works to my home?
If you wish to carry out maintenance, improvements or other alterations to your home, this would not be development and would not need planning permission provided:
1) The works only affect the interior of a building
2) Do not materially affect the external appearance of a building
3) Would not result in the loss of a parking space that is required to be kept as part of a previous planning permission.
4) Do not relate to a listed building or structure
5) Do not result in a change of use of the home, for example the creation of a business.
More guidance can be found on the related links below.
Do I need planning permission?