Please note: If you are already on or applying for Universal Credit, and you have any queries, you will need to contact the Universal Credit Helpline on 0345 600 0723. Hastings Borough Council does not handle the processing or payment of Universal Credit.
The Community Contact Centre is the main point of contact for:
- handing in and checking of completed benefit claim forms
- notifying a change of circumstances
- general Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction enquires.
Contact Centre address:
Hastings Town Hall
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Wednesday : 10.00am to 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm (last tickets issued at 4.45pm)
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm (last tickets issued at 4.15pm)
Telephone 01424 451080 (for all Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support enquiries)
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 4.45pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.15pm