What can I put in my garden waste bin?You can put the following items in your Garden Waste bin:
- loose grass cuttings
- wood chippings
- hedge trimmings
- small branches (less than 100mm/4inches in diameter)
- cut flowers
- plant cuttings
Remember that these should be placed loose in the bin - please don't bag anything up.
Can I put bagged garden waste into the bin?
No, all garden waste needs to be loose. All materials are shredded and bags would contaminate the compost.
You shouldn't put any of the following items in your Garden Waste bin:
- large branches (more than 100mm/4 inches in diameter)
- kitchen waste of any sort
- shredded paper
- animal waste
- bagged material
- inorganic material eg plastics.
- Book a bulky waste collection
- Report a missed bin collection
- Pink recycling bags for assisted collections
- Bins - deliver, exchange, remove
- Clinical Collections - collect, missed or cancel
- Bins - request assisted collection
Got a question about waste and recycling?01424 451077
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Waste and Recycling team.