What you can and can't put in your garden waste bin
Any garden materials need to be loose in the bin. Please do not place any bagged garden waste in the bin.
What you can put in your garden bin:
- loose grass cuttings
- Wood chippings
- Hedge trimmings
- Small branches (less than 100mm/4inches in diameter)
- Cut flowers
- Plant cuttings
- Weeds (Not Japanese Knotweed)
What you can't put in your garden bin:
- Large branches (more than 100mm/4inches in diameter)
- Kitchen waste of any sort
- Shredded paper
- Animal waste
- Bagged material
- Inorganic material e.g. plastics
- Japanese Knotweed
Got a question about garden waste?
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Waste and Recycling team.