Consent needed for Seafront Advertising Boards
The renewal of the rules intended to improve the appearance of the town means that consent is still required to display estate agents advertising boards in most parts of the Hastings and St Leonards seafront.
Cabinet decided that it will only allow advertising boards to be displayed in the affected areas under exceptional circumstances, for example, where a building is in a very poor state of repair and all other methods of advertising it for sale have failed.
The rules came into effect on 12 December 2014 and will last for an indefinite period.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the new rules, please contact us.
Maps of the affected areas:
- Seafront Advertising Boards Map: All affected areas (.pdf 1529KB)
- Seafront Advertising Boards Map 1 (.pdf 459KB) - western section of the seafront
- Seafront Advertising Boards Map 2 (.pdf 473KB) - including Marina, Grand Parade, Warrior Square
- Seafront Advertising Boards Map 3 (.pdf 314KB) - including the eastern most section of St Leonards and Hastings seafront
- Seafront Advertising Boards Map 4 (.pdf 800KB) - including Robertson Street, Carlisle Parade, Robertson Terrace
Full Report on the Direction (rules)
- Seafront Advertising Boards Full Report (.pdf 328KB)
Copy of the signed Direction
- Seafront Advertising Boards signed Direction (.pdf 93KB)