What are reserved matters?
An application for reserved matters is the next stage after an Outline planning permission has been granted.
The application will provide more detail than was shown in the outline application for some or all of the following areas:
- Appearance - aspects of a building or place which affect the way it looks, including the exterior of the development
- Means of Access - covers accessibility for all routes to and within the site, as well as the way they link up to other roads and pathways outside the site
- Landscaping - the improvement or protection of the amenities of the site and the area and the surrounding area, this could include planting trees or hedges as a screen
- Layout - includes buildings, routes and open spaces within the development and the way they are laid out in relations to buildings and spaces outside the development
- Scale - includes information on the size of the development, including the height, width and length of each proposed building
Outline permissions cannot be implemented until a reserved matters application has been granted planning permission.
Learn about planning applications