Playgrounds have now re-opened following Government guidance:
- Please minimise contact and maintain social distancing of 2 metres or 1 metre minimum
- Limit time spent on site if there are others waiting
- If the site is crowded and social distancing cannot be maintained queue outside and do not enter
- Only 1 adult to accompany a child/children on site
- Bring your own sanitising materials to clean equipment touch points
- Do not touch your face and remember to cough or sneeze into a tissue
- Do not consume food and drink within the playground area
- Dispose of all litter in the nearest available bin or take it home
- If you or any of your party are showing symptoms of Covid-19 do not enter the play area
Please note that use of this play area is at your own risk
Space to Play
The right to play is the child's first claim on the community. Play is nature's training for life.
Every child has the right to Play. Outdoor play is essential in ensuring that all children are mentally and physically healthy. Increasing and maintaining the provision of good quality free outdoor equipped play spaces will enhance the quality and equality of all of our borough’s children and young people’s lives. It will contribute to the realisation of other local authority policy and service objectives. These include objectives around:
- Healthy children and young children
- Children and young people who feel safe
- Children and young people enjoying themselves and achieving their potential
- Children and young people making a positive contribution
- Community cohesion
Achieving high value and good quality play spaces, must incorporate the need for children to learn from acceptable levels of risk. Designs should take into account the safety of children and families, whilst enhancing opportunities for adventurous play.
Accessibility and usability must be considered to help inform us on to what extent any child can truly play in our equipped play spaces. Children of multiple abilities should be able to play together not just alongside each other.
To report an unclean or unsafe play area, please email email@example.com
Got a question about parks and gardens?
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Parks and Gardens team.