Press Releases week beginning 08 April 2019
Hastings Borough Council successfully prosecuted Trevor Foster and Paul Hoare for running a car repair business in St Mary's road without planning permission. Messrs Foster and Hoare did not attend the hearing. They were each fined £1000 plus costs and victim surcharges totalling £2792.
Kim Forward, lead councillor for planning said,
"We are always concerned when planning rules are ignored and, as in this case, will prosecute people who don't communicate with us and refuse to provide the necessary information."
New Foreshore Trust Events and Small Grant Programme for 2019-20 announced
The Foreshore Trust is asking for applications for its grant programme for 2019-20. The new programme combines the small grants programme and the events grant programme. There will be two rounds of bidding for 2019-20.
The first call will open for applications on Monday 15th April 2019. The programme will offer awards of up to £6,000 for grants. Eligible to apply are voluntary and community groups offering a service within Hastings and for events being held on Foreshore Trust land. Around £45,000 is available for each programme round.
Councillor Sue Beaney, lead councillor for charities said,"A wide range of activities were awarded grants in the last round of funding including:
- Volunteer Opportunities at Age UK East Sussex Information Centre in Hastings
- Baby Basics Hastings , who supports mothers who are in poverty and their new-born babies
- Community participation in all levels of Resuscitation and use of community AED
- Space@TheStade, which aims to make astronomy accessible to all
- Nature Holiday Club Activities on Bulverhythe Beach, which provides outdoor organised activity event days on the foreshore and a healthy lunch for young people and their families in low income households
- Journeys Dance Festival 'Ballroom Dance at the Stade', which is a free dance festival in August
So if you have an activity in mind that might need some financial help, please send in an application".
To request an application pack, which includes grant guidance, please email: Foreshore-SE@hastings.gov.uk
The programme is open for applications on 15th April 2019 and closes at midday on 10th June 2019. Round two applications will be accepted in October for approval in March 2020.
For further information on the Foreshore Trust please go to: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/my_community/foreshoretrust/whattheydo/