FOI request (FOIR-401619367)
Requested Wed 16 February 2022
Responded Wed 02 March 2022
I would like to know what percentage of plastic waste your local authority has recycled in the past three years (2019, 2020, and 2021).
I would like it to be broken down as follows:
1. The total amount of plastic waste collected for recycling by your authority, measured in tonnes.
2. The total amount of collected plastic waste that was then processed in the UK.
3. The total amount of collected plastic that was processed outside of the UK.
4. The total amount of exported plastic waste broken down by destination country.
5. Does the Council have a strategy to recycle plastic waste in the UK instead of exporting?
I would like this data to be presented in an Excel or PDF spreadsheet with a new sheet for each year and a section on each point of information.
2019 - 879.76 tonnes
2020 - 963.07 tonnes
2021 - 649.47 tonnes
4. Not applicable
5. Not applicable
Please see attached excel spreadsheets as requested.
Freedom of Information