What public registers do the council maintain?
Hastings Borough Council is responsible for licensing in Hastings. As the licensing authority we have a responsibility to maintain registers on certain licensable activities, including:
- Applications for Premises/Club Premises Licences made under Licensing Act 2003
- Applications for Premises Licences made under Gambling Act 2005
- Scrap Metal dealers/Collectors as licensed under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
- Sex Establishments as licensed under Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 as amended
- Caravan Sites as registered under the Caravan Sites and Control of development Act 1960 as amended
- Housing Selective Licences
- Drivers of Hackney Carriages
- Drivers of Private Hire Vehicles.
We also manage a register of Housing Selective Licences which can be viewed online.
We are also responsible for maintaining a public register of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) licences. We are currently working on moving our HMO licence register to our online public registers system.