What public registers do the council maintain?
Hastings Borough Council is responsible for licensing in Hastings. As the licensing authority we have a responsibility to maintain registers on certain licensable activities, including:
- Applications for Premises/Club Premises Licences made under Licensing Act 2003
- Applications for Premises Licences made under Gambling Act 2005
- Scrap Metal dealers/Collectors as licensed under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
- Sex Establishments as licensed under Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 as amended
- Caravan Sites as registered under the Caravan Sites and Control of development Act 1960 as amended
- Housing Selective Licences
- Drivers of Hackney Carriages
- Drivers of Private Hire Vehicles.
These public registers contain information about all of the licence applications we receive and approve. They are updated regularly and can be viewed online.
We also manage a register of Housing Selective Licences which can be viewed online.
We are also responsible for maintaining a public register of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) licences. We are currently working on moving our HMO licence register to our online public registers system.