Providing move-on accommodation
Move-on accommodation is an opportunity for landlords with properties in Hastings and St Leonards to work with the council and support providers to enable clients leaving supported accommodation to move into a private tenancy.
What is Supported Accommodation?
Supported Accommodation provides temporary housing solutions for clients previously threatened with homelessness, to support them in their transition into independent living.
What support do clients receive to become successful prospective tenants?
- Clients work through a course that givens them the skills necessary to become tenancy ready;
- Clients get access to employment support to increase opportunities to gain stable employment and a move on bursary through the Moving-on Up Scheme. This bursary can fund deposit and rent in advance;
- Clients receive six months of resettlement support to manage their transition into independent tenancies, to promote long-term sustainment.
How could you benefit as a landlord?
- Increased supply of tenancy ready individuals looking to leave supported accommodation;
- Access to deposit, rent in advance, and guarantor support from the council;
- Any tenancy related issues mediated between the Move-on Coordinator, support provider, and other services, including the Department for Work and Pensions.
This is an opportunity to work together with the council to match suitable tenants to your tenancy needs and be part of the drive to improve housing in our local area.
If you are interested and want to find out more please send your details on this form.
I'm a landlord
Got a question about housing and homes?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Housing team.