What are my responsibilities as a landlord?
As a landlord you will need to be familiar with your responsibilities.
Your responsibilities as a landlord include:
- protecting you tenant's deposit
- giving your tenant certain information such as the energy performance certificate for your property and a copy of government renting rules
- giving your full contact details to your tenant those of your letting agents
- carrying out most of the repairs
- meeting safety standards
- following rules on rent
- not disturbing or harassing your tenant
- following the rules about tenant eviction.
You can find out more about your responsibilities on the following websites:
If you need any advice or further information about your responsibilities as a landlord, you can contact us using the form on the right hand side.
I'm a landlord