Housing grants and loans
Grants for disabled facilities
In these troubled times we can still offer financial help with housing.
If you need help to install disabled facilities and relocate disabled people, our disabled facilities grants might be able to help.
Hastings Borough Council works with Parity Trust, a trusted ethical loans partner, to administer a small pot of money for housing loans. Availability and accessibility of loans is strictly administered by the Council and Parity Trust and are only approved where the applicant can afford to repay. Loans can be used to assist people needing the following types of help:
- Meeting the financial contribution to a mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant
- Topping up a Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant, where the grant does not cover all the costs
- Assisting someone move house, where their home cannot be adapted for their disability needs
- Urgent repairs to a home (owner/occupiers)
- Assisting in bringing a long term empty homes back into use
Other types of help may be considered.