What is CHART?
Final call for projects now open
We are now accepting applications for funding for projects. Find out more about what sort of projects are eligible for funding and how to apply via the link below.Find out more
CHART is a Community-led Local Development Programme with access to European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF) to support projects that bring a fresh approach to tackling deep-rooted problems which conventional working has not managed to solve. It is particularly focused on:
- helping disadvantaged people to find and keep work locally
- helping disadvantaged people to start a business or set up as self-employed
- stimulating the local economy to create jobs suitable for local people
Any legally constituted body with strong links with the local communities in the CHART area may apply.
The objectives of CHART will be achieved using four Work Packages which link to the core objectives of the programme as identified within the CHART Local Development Strategy.
- Work Packages 1 and 2 use the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver business and jobs growth, develop new and innovative business spaces and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Work Packages 3 and 4 use the European Social Fund (ESF) to build capacity in local communities and the voluntary sector and provide bespoke pathways to help to move those furthest from the labour market closer to it.
Only Work Packages 1 - 4 will be part of an open call as the Management and Administration package is delivered by Hastings Borough Council as the Accountable Body
Investment in physical assets for employability and community benefit
- Collaboration with existing/planned assets e.g. Health and Wellbeing Centres
- Acquisition and fitting out of premises where enterprises can grow and create employment
- Capital equipment grants
Stimulating local entrepreneurship and business growth, particularly in target sectors
- Mentoring scheme
- Support for all aspects of business growth, through the journey or pre start up, start up and growth
- Specific entrepreneurial support within local economic sectors ( e.g. Creative industries, leisure, tourism and social enterprise)
Work with local communities and organisations to build confidence and capacity to tackle local problems and improve the coordination of responses
- Workshops and events to identify issues and design solutions
- Data management and clear communication processes between organisations to deliver a non- competitive suite of interventions
- Active outreach
- Organisation of community events
- Capacity building in community development and management of community facilities
Direct support to most vulnerable unemployed / workless CHART residents to move closer and into the labour market
- Active outreach
- Adult and community education delivery
- Skills development
- Paid work and voluntary experience
- Individual mentoring and support
- Expansion of existing provision to new groups
- Skill development in enterprise and business
- Create apprenticeships, traineeships
- Managing the CHART local grant scheme
- Programme management
- Eligibility/ Regulation application
- State Aid monitoring
- Training and capacity building
- Monitoring, verification and audit
- Claims management & dispersal of grant funding
- Initiative development
- LAG formation, animation and support
- Communications and publicity
- Securing match funding
- Baseline setting, monitoring and evaluation programme
- Marketing, Website use and social media
What is CHART?