What are the Council's service standards?
Suppliers providing, or wishing to provide, goods or services to Hastings Borough Council should expect the following standards:
- An equal and fair opportunity to compete for business.
- Full information on the timetable for each procurement, the process to be used and mandatory requirements for all those responding to the appropriate advertisement.
- Fair specifications setting out customer requirements and incorporating the International, EU or British standards, as appropriate.
- Open and objective consideration of innovative cost effective alternatives, provided that they satisfy specifications.
- Support to deliver goods and services which are environmentally friendly.
- A fair evaluation of competitive bids subject to nominated criteria such as quality, service, price, and economic advantage.
- All bidders to be kept informed on the progress of evaluation which will be conducted as quickly as possible.
- Notification of the outcome of tenders in which companies have an interest.
- Feedback on request if a bid has been unsuccessful.
- Prompt payment as required by Government and contractual obligations with invoices paid within 30 days of receipt.
- Courtesy and respect with all enquiries dealt with promptly, efficiently and to the highest professional standards.
If these standards have not been met, then ultimately you may wish to lodge a formal complaint under the Council's Complaints and Comments procedure.
Supplying the council