What can I recycle?
What you can put in your green bin or pink sack:
All items to be clean and dry.
- Green Bin Users- recycling to be placed in your bin loose please. Do not use bin liners or bags for your recycling (unless you have been told to use pink sacks)
- If you use pink sacks, do not leave them tied or hung on railings. Please present them on the pavement, only on your collection day at 7am.
- Cardboard egg boxes
- Any cartons (milk, soup, juice etc) that are not plastic or foil lined
- Paper (shredded paper to be placed in a clear bag)
- Telephone directories (including Yellow Pages)
- Food and drinks cans
- Metal lids from glass bottles and jars
- Clean kitchen foil and foil food trays
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Plastic bottles (squash and put lids back on)
- Plastic food pots, tubs and trays
- Plastic film and bags
- Paper, newspapers and magazines
- Office paper
- Junk mail, leaflets and circulars
- Glass bottles (lids off please)
- Glass jars (lids off please)
- Batteries and Small electrical items not to be placed in the bin. Please place small electrical items in a small carrier bag and place it on top of either your green or black bin on collection day.