What can I recycle?
Green bin users- recycling must be placed in your bin loose. Please do not use bin liners or bags for your recycling (unless you have been told to use pink sacks).
Pink sacks users - please do not leave sacks tied or hung on railings. Present them on the pavement, only on your collection day at 7am.
What you can put in your green bin or pink sack:
All items need to be clean and dry.
Card / paper
- Cardboard egg boxes
- Any cartons (milk, soup, juice, and so on) that are not lined. Cartons with two types of material cannot be recycled as we cannot separate each material.
- Paper (shredded paper to be placed in a clear bag)
- Telephone directories (including Yellow Pages)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Office paper
- Junk mail, leaflets and circulars
- Food and drinks cans
- Metal lids from glass bottles and jars
- Clean kitchen foil and foil food trays
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Lids from jars
- Plastic bottles (flattened and the lids put back on)
- Plastic food pots, tubs and trays
- Plastic film and bags
- Glass bottles (lids off please)
- Glass jars (lids off please)
Small electrical items and batteries
- Batteries and small electrical items should not be placed in your bin. Please place small electrical items in a small carrier bag on top of either your green or black bin on collection day.