Waste collection calendar download
Waste and recycling collection days are different over the Christmas period. You can check your bin collection days and download your waste and recycling collection calendar online.Find out moreRequest assisted collection
An assisted collection is available in accordance with Hastings Borough Council's Assisted Collection Policy for households where:
- The applicant is genuinely incapacitated or disabled, either temporarily or permanently
- There is no other able-bodied person living in the same property
- No family member or neighbour is available to help move the rubbish to the front of the property
- The applicant can provide proof of incapacity from a doctor, if requested to do so
- The applicant confirms where the bins are stored
An Assisted Collection means the refuse collectors take your refuse or recycling container from the specified point on your property for emptying and return. Refuse collectors will not be permitted to enter buildings (eg. garages, sheds) to move and return containers. All gates must be unlocked and any obstructions cleared on collection day.
Assisted Collections will not be provided on the basis of a long driveway, the distance to a property boundary, or absences from the property on collection days.
Customers who currently receive an Assisted Collection will continue to do so, but we will review their arrangements to make sure they are still necessary.
If you meet these criteria, please fill out our form via the button at the top of the page.
Got a question about assisted collections?
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Waste and Recycling team.