Hastings Borough Council Election
Statement of Persons Nominated
Appointment of Election Agents
Notice of Election
Notice of Poll
Who can vote in this election?
Registered electors who are resident in the UK, service voters and people registered to vote as crown servants.
Publication of Notice of Election Tuesday 27 Mar Poll card and proxy poll card despatch Tuesday 27 Mar Last date to apply to be a candidate 4pm Friday 06 April Publication of Statement of Persons Nominated 4pm Monday 09 April Deadline to register to vote Tuesday 17 April Last date to request a postal vote 5pm Wednesday 18 April Postal Vote packs despatch 20 - 24 April Last date to request a proxy vote 5pm Wednesday 25 April First date to request replacement postal vote Friday 27 April Polling Day Thursday 03 May Count Friday 04 May Publication of results Friday 04 May
Visit our Register to Vote page for information about Individual Electoral Registration (IER), postal and proxy voting.
- You do not need to register to vote for this election if you are already registered to vote at your current address.
- You can check if you are on the electoral register or contact us about postal votes or other queries by phone on 01424451087 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively follow the contact us link located on the side of this page.
Candidate and agent notices
Candidates and Agents
- Guidance for candidates and agents can be found at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/local-elections-in-england
- For queries regarding nominations and other matters please email email@example.com or phone us on 01424 451087 during office hours
Information about Candidates
- Hastings Borough Council is politically neutral and cannot provide information about candidates' campaigns.
Review of local government boundaries and how they will affect you at this election
During 2015-16 the Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) conducted a review on both East Sussex County Council divisions and Hastings Borough ward boundaries.
For the election on Thursday 3rd May 2018, you will be voting within the new wards boundaries.
All affected properties have been sent a letter informing electors of this change.
If you are unsure of where you will need to vote for the upcoming local elections, details of your polling station can be found by following the links below;
First you will need to find your street by using the Alphabetical Street Index which will tell you your polling district code (example: A1) you will then be able to find your polling station by clicking on the Polling Stations by Electoral Area link.
- If you have already registered as a postal voter for the upcoming election, you do not need to do anything. You are not required to vote at a polling station and your postal vote will be sent to you as normal.
- If you would like to apply for a postal vote, application forms can be downloaded at https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/how-do-i-vote/voting-by-post. The deadline for receiving postal vote applications for the Hastings Borough Council elections is 5pm on Wednesday 18th April.
Voting in person
- If you vote in person, your polling station will be shown on your polling card. Please follow the link above for details of your polling station for the upcoming local elections.
Please note Poll Cards were be posted on 27 March 2018 confirming your polling station.
- Register to vote on Gov.uk
- Electoral registration query
- Electoral absent voting query
- Make Electoral register amendments
- Upload electoral documents
Got a question about voting and elections?01424 451087
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Electoral Services team.