UK parliamentary general election
A UK parliamentary general election was held on Thursday 08 June 2017. The result for Hastings can be found in the pdf link below:
- Election results (.pdf)
The national UK general elections results can be found on the BBC's website.
More information about the general election can be found below.
Poll and election notices
Who can vote in this election?
Registered electors who are resident in the UK, service voters, overseas electors and people registered to vote as crown servants.
Publication of Notice of Election Wednesday 03 May Poll card and proxy poll card despatch Tuesday 09 May Last date to apply to be a candidate 4pm Thursday 11 May Publication of Statement of Persons Nominated 5pm Thursday 11 May Deadline to register to vote Monday 22 May Last date to request a postal vote 5pm Tuesday 23 May Postal Vote packs despatch 26-30 May Last date to request a proxy vote 5pm Wednesday 31 May First date to request replacement postal vote Friday 02 June Polling Day Thursday 08 June Count Thursday 08 June Publication of results Friday 09 June
Visit our Register to Vote page for information about Individual Electoral Registration (IER), postal and proxy voting.
- You do not need to register to vote for this election if you are already registered to vote at your current address.
- You can check if you are on the electoral register or contact us about postal votes or other queries by phone on 01424451087 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively follow the contact us link located on the side of this page.
Candidate and agent notices
Candidates and Agents
- Guidance for candidates and agents can be found at http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/uk-parliamentary-general-election-great-britain
- For queries regarding nominations and other matters please email email@example.com or phone us on 01424 451087 during office hours
Information about Candidates
- Hastings Borough Council is politically neutral and cannot provide information about candidates' campaigns.
Review of local government boundaries and how they will affect you at this election
During 2015-16 the Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) conducted a review on both East Sussex County Council divisions and Hastings Borough ward boundaries.
For the election on Thursday 8th June 2017, the boundaries for the Hastings and Rye constituency must revert back to the ward boundaries that were in force in May 2015.
We realise that this may be confusing as there has already been a recent change to your polling station, due to the local government boundary review, for the East Sussex County Council Elections held in May. However we are bound by electoral law to administer the upcoming election in accordance with existing parliamentary rules and are unable to deviate from this. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
All affected properties were sent a letter informing electors of this change on 8th May 2017.
This means that on Thursday 8th June 2017 you will be voting to elect a new Member of Parliament in the ward in which you would have voted back in May 2015.
If you are unsure of where you will need to vote for the UK Parliamentary General Election, details of your polling station can be found by following the links below;
First you will need to find your street by using the Alphabetical Street Index which will tell you your polling district code (example: A1) you will then be able to find your polling station by clicking on the Polling Stations by Electoral Area link.
- If you have already registered as a postal voter for the upcoming election, you do not need to do anything. You are not required to vote at a polling station and your postal vote will be sent to you as normal.
- If you would like to apply for a postal vote, application forms can be downloaded at https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/how-do-i-vote/voting-by-post. The deadline for receiving postal vote applications for the UK Parliamentary election is 5pm on Tuesday 23rd May.
Voting in person
- If you vote in person, your polling station may have reverted back to your previous polling station. That is the place which you would have voted in May 2015. Please follow the link below for details of your polling station for the UK Parliamentary election.
Please note Poll Cards will be posted around 9th May 2017 confirming your polling station.
- Register to vote on Gov.uk
- Electoral registration query
- Electoral absent voting query
- Make Electoral register amendments
- Upload electoral documents
Got a question about voting and elections?01424 451087
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Electoral Services team.