Linton Road was built in the late 1880's as part of the development of the old Priory farm. At the turn of the century, the land on the eastern side of the road seems to have been a market garden and meadow land still belonging to the Cornwallis estate.
Linton Gardens were created as subscription gardens sometime in the early years of the century. In 1937, the site was offered for sale to the corporation by the Linton Gardens Committee along with the allotments to the north. The gardens were purchased and opened to the public from this date.
Good disabled access from Braybrooke Terrace and Wykeham Road. Site has steep slopes and steps in all other areas.
A wonderfully undulating green space with great views around the site (23,100 square metres) within a 5 minute walk from the town centre.
- Notice boards
- Report vandalism
- Dead Animal - report
- Litter bin - needs emptying
- Dog bin - needs emptying
- Japanese Knotweed query
Got a question about parks and gardens?01424 451066
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Parks and Gardens team.