These were laid out during the development of the site for housing between 1875-1878. The area was originally known as the Step Meadow and was part of the old Priory farm which belonged to the Cornwallis family.
They were subscription gardens until the 1930's when purchased and donated to the town by Mr Hedley Williams who lived in one of the surrounding houses.
Good for disabled access from all entrances
A very small (5.000 square metres) site with flat paths and benches 2 minutes' walk from the town centre.
- Notice board
Got a question about parks and gardens?
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Parks and Gardens team.