The Hastings and St Leonards Lawn Tennis Club seemed to have moved to this site c.1895, a few years before the area was developed for housing. One of the first houses to be built belonged to Alderman Thorpe who purchased the gardens from the Cornwallis estate and presented them to the corporation for the use as a public open space in 1935.
Good disabled access from both entrances off Amherst Road.
A small site (10,300 square metres) mostly taken up with the tennis courts.
- Hastings and St Leonards Lawn Tennis Club
- Notice board
- Report vandalism
- Dead Animal - report
- Litter bin - needs emptying
- Dog bin - needs emptying
- Japanese Knotweed query
Got a question about parks and gardens?01424 451066
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Parks and Gardens team.