Please note that water on allotments sites will be turned off week beginning 30th October 2023
Skips have been arranged for Pauls Field and Lower Cornwallis allotments for one day only as follows:
Pauls Field 11/8/23
Lower Cornwallis 18/8/23
skips have been arranged for Collier Road and Bembrook allotments for one day only as follows:
Collier Road 14/7/23
Bembrook allotment 21/7/23
Alexander Wilberforce of Hastings Botanic Garden Project contacted us asking if you would like a stall at their garden festival. See below:
"As you may be aware, we are organising an inaugural garden festival in White Rock Gardens on Father's Day June 18th, to celebrate organisations and charities related to gardening, green spaces and wellbeing (please see Eventbrite link:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hastings-garden-festival-tickets-626522604977"
Please note that water on allotment sites will be turned on week beginning 6th March
Lower Cornwallis Allotment:
Works are progressing to thin overgrowing vegetation, remove Sycamore and coppice between plot 60 and the rear gardens of the properties in Lower Park Road.
Please note that water will be turned off on all allotment sites week commencing 31st October 2022
Works to trees, as part of the five year programme, will be carried out in the next few weeks at Lower Torfield Allotment and BOS Field Allotment. In addition, there will be works carried out at most sites to reduce overgrown vegetation.
To all existing plot holders – The council has received a request from Karma Community Kitchen and Food Support for donations of surplus produce from allotments. If you are happy to donate, please contact Rima Sams by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07891 078647
If any plot holders are experiencing thefts from their allotment plots, please report to Sussex Police on 101 or https://www.sussex.police.uk/report-online
Message to all of our allotment tenants
Thank you to everyone who has participated, responded and commented on the Allotment Improvement Plan circulated last year.
We look forward to working with you this year to deliver the actions within the plan.
We need your help!
You can help us by:
- Paying your fees promptly ie. within the 28 days allowed, this reduces administration time and costs
- Maintaining cultivation levels of your plots, as per clause 5 of the Allotment Rules
- Not bringing or storing waste items on the allotment site.
- Encouraging the use of environmentally friendly products and practices.
- Reducing or Stopping the use of harmful chemical products.
- Use the allotment website https://www.hastings.gov.uk/parks_gardens_allotments/allotments/ to keep up to date on Allotment news.
- Report any allotment concerns or issues to email@example.com
Please note that our Accounts Department will be emailing allotment invoices to you in the first week of April. Please watch out for this in your inbox including your Junk Mail. You have until the end of April to make the payment, please make sure you quote the invoice number when making the payment.
As the weather slowly improves and day length increases, it is vital that plots are maintained properly, and kept tidy, perimeter paths kept cleared of obstructions and are cut sufficient to permit unobstructed access.
We hope you all enjoy your plots and we look forward to working with you all this year.
Please could all plot holders be reminded of the Allotment Rule 6.5 in relation to Bonfires on allotments and 10.8 in relation to Pesticides, Toxic and hazardous materials.
Allotment water will be turned on week commencing 7th March 2022
All Allotment sites - current Plot holders
Plot holders are reminded of clauses 9.3, 6.17 and 5.9 of the Allotment Rules which request access paths are kept clear of obstructions and are accessible at all times.
In addition that back paths between cultivated areas and perimeter fencing are unobstructed. This is to permit maintenance works ie. fencing and hedge cutting and ensure that grounds maintenance operations can be carried out efficiently and without hindrance.
Tivoli allotments: Contractors employed by Silverdale Primary Academy will cut back the entire hedge to the school playing field boundary before 14/2/22
Allotment annual autumn inspections for non cultivation commenced 25/10/21 and completed January 2022
Allotment programmed tree works at Choice, Tivoli and Collier completed December 2021
Water has now been turned off on all allotment sites.
Water turn off on allotment sites has had to be rescheduled. This will now commence on Monday 1st November
Water will be turned off on all allotment sites week commencing 25th October
- Plot 67A - Construction of a timber planter with surfacing is to commence shortly. Project is funded from donations sought by the dedicated team. Many thanks to all participants and donors.
- Construction now completed and officially opened 20/11/21
Southern Water is to replace broken meter and stop tap at Lower Cornwallis, Forest Way and broken meter and stop tap at Lower Clive Vale, Boyne Road now completed.
Main hedge cutting work is scheduled for October though two areas ( south of Lower Torfield and south of Fernbank ) are cut for Health and Safety purposes to keep access open.
- Work starts today (12/7/21) to cap off existing stand pipe to path near plot 38 and installation of a new stand pipe and tank to plot 21B. 22/7/21 New supply moled to plot 21B and standpipe completed. 19/8/21 Additional taps fitted to standpipes on plot 48 and 21B.
- TCV (Trust Conservation Volunteers) have been working on the steps
- TCV will be carrying out clearance and vegetation cut back works shortly
- Note advisory car parking notice has now been installed at the Forest Way entrance - please observe these and consider our neighbours
- A new stand pipe and tank is to be installed to replace existing on plot 9A week commencing 12/7/21. 22/7/21 Installation of replacement stand pipe and tank to Plot 9A now completed.
- TCV will be carrying out clearance and vegetation cut back works shortly. 19/8/21 This has now been completed.
- Youngs Forestry Tree Surgeons recently cut back part of the hedge to ensure safety of path users
- Planned repairs to main central communal shed
- Repaint/varnish benches and hand rail to DDA area
- Compost Toilet - order had been placed with council's contractors to treat timber cladding.