COVID-19 (Coronavirus) guidance
The National Association of Allotment Holders has issued the following advice to tenants:
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly.
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- Observe 'Social Distancing' with each other (2-3 meters).
- Do not share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs
- We recommend that all communal facilities are closed.
- Get government guidance if you do need to clean an area that has been visited by an infected person.
- If you have livestock on the site and must visit twice a day, take a photograph on your phone of your livestock. Based on what is happening in other countries you may eventually have to print off a government form to leave the house but if challenged it would be good to be able to show a photograph of where you are going.
- Plan ahead to ensure that you have food and medication delivered to you during this time
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
- If you display any symptoms of coronavirus stay at home and self-isolate for at least 14 days or until your symptoms have passed.
Allotment annual autumn inspections for non cultivation commenced 25/10/21 and completed January 2022
Allotment programmed tree works at Choice, Tivoli and Collier completed December 2021
Water has now been turned off on all allotment sites.
Water turn off on allotment sites has had to be rescheduled. This will now commence on Monday 1st November
Water will be turned off on all allotment sites week commencing 25th October
- Plot 67A - Construction of a timber planter with surfacing is to commence shortly. Project is funded from donations sought by the dedicated team. Many thanks to all participants and donors.
- Construction now completed and officially opened 20/11/21
Southern Water is to replace broken meter and stop tap at Lower Cornwallis, Forest Way and broken meter and stop tap at Lower Clive Vale, Boyne Road now completed.
Main hedge cutting work is scheduled for October though two areas ( south of Lower Torfield and south of Fernbank ) are cut for Health and Safety purposes to keep access open.
- Work starts today (12/7/21) to cap off existing stand pipe to path near plot 38 and installation of a new stand pipe and tank to plot 21B. 22/7/21 New supply moled to plot 21B and standpipe completed. 19/8/21 Additional taps fitted to standpipes on plot 48 and 21B.
- TCV (Trust Conservation Volunteers) have been working on the steps
- TCV will be carrying out clearance and vegetation cut back works shortly
- Note advisory car parking notice has now been installed at the Forest Way entrance - please observe these and consider our neighbours
- A new stand pipe and tank is to be installed to replace existing on plot 9A week commencing 12/7/21. 22/7/21 Installation of replacement stand pipe and tank to Plot 9A now completed.
- TCV will be carrying out clearance and vegetation cut back works shortly. 19/8/21 This has now been completed.
- Youngs Forestry Tree Surgeons recently cut back part of the hedge to ensure safety of path users
- Planned repairs to main central communal shed
- Repaint/varnish benches and hand rail to DDA area
- Compost Toilet - order had been placed with council's contractors to treat timber cladding.