HASTINGS BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 & ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1991
THE HASTINGS BOROUGH COUNCIL (CORNWALLIS STREET)
REVOCATION OF PARKING PLACE ORDER 2022
NOTICE is hereby given that Hastings Borough Council have made an Order on the 22nd day of June 2022 coming into force on the 25th day of July 2022 in exercise of its powers under the above Acts and of all other enabling powers and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984:
The purpose of the Order is to:
- revoke those parts of the "Hastings Borough Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2015" insofar as they relate to Cornwallis Street Car Park only.
- The remainder of the "Hastings Borough Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2015" shall remain in full force and effect save for Parking Charges which have been amended by Notice.
A copy of the Parking Place Order, plan and a statement of the Council's reasons for making the Order, may be examined at the Community Contact Centre, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, during their normal opening hours or can be viewed on our website: www.hastings.gov.uk/publicnotices.
- Cornwallis Street parking Place Order.pdf
- Cornwallis Street plan.pdf
- Statement of the Council's reasons for proposing to make the Cornwallis Street order.pdf
Any further information may be obtained from the Enforcement Manager, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, TN34 3UY or by telephoning 01424 783365.
Any person wishing to question the validity of the Order or any of its provisions on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (the Act), or on the grounds that any requirement of the Act or of any instrument made under it has not been complied with in relation to the Order may within six weeks of 22nd June 2022 apply to the High Court for this purpose.
Victoria Conheady, Assistant Director Regeneration and Culture, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3UY
24th June 2022
Temporary traffic orders (streets affected by the order and map):
Notices of temporary traffic orders can be found on our Road closures page.