Corporate Enforcement Policy
We enforce a wide range of laws to protect the community. We believe laws must be enforced firmly but fairly.
Action we can take
There are many types of action we can take to enforce the law. These include:
- issuing a fixed penalty notice (FPN) or penalty charge notice (PCN)
- refusal, revocation or suspension of licence
- issuing a statutory notice
- issuing a prohibition notice
- enforcement undertaking or injunctive proceedings
- confiscation or forfeiture proceedings
- simple cautions
- making a proceeds of crime application
- informal action
Our enforcement policy sets out when and how we use our legal powers and explains what the different types of action involve.
Policies and strategies
Got a question about democratic services?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Democratic Services team.