E-Petitions help guide
1. To create a petition, you first need to register with the Modern.Gov site.
You cannot use your My Hastings account to submit or sign an E-Petition.
2. Give your petition a title, description, and set a deadline date.
If you're not sure about anything, such as whether the content is acceptable to present at a council meeting, just include a note as part of your petition or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. After you have setup an E-Petition we'll check everything, get in touch to confirm your contact details and, if needed, clarify some of the petition's information. Things can still be changed and amended at this stage.
4. Once everything is OK, and provided your petition is within the rules of our Petition Scheme, we'll publish it online and send you a message.
You can now share the link of your petition to get signatures. Remember, all signatories will need a Modern.Gov account to sign the petition.
5. When your petition reaches the chosen closing date we will consider the petition and let you know how we will proceed.
Note: A petition may only be signed by those who live, work or study in the Borough. Each signatory to a petition should include their name and address.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.