FOI request (FOI212734)
St Helens Hospital
Requested Fri 28 April 2017
Responded Fri 28 April 2017
Re: Please provide documents and information in regard to the conversion of the St. Helens Hospital site 2001 in the following points?
1) Please provide information as to the developer of this site and their group body they belong to?
2) Can you provide all documents in relation to the Secretary of State and the land restriction issues on this site, please?
3) Please provide details of the solicitors involved in this matter with the office of the Secretary of State?
4) Can you provide details of the Secretary of State that dealt with this matter of land restriction in 1997-2002?
5) Can you provide dates of decisions and provide decisions from the Secretary of State in regard to this matter and the land restrictions?
6) Can you provide any legal reference in regard to Court action in regard to these land restriction?
7) Can you provide any information in regard to the dates the Council had ownership on this site?
You refer to the "conversion of the St. Helens Hospital". Only the east side of St Helens Hospital was converted, the west side was demolished and redeveloped. On that basis we have focused our search on the files for St Helens Hospital (East).
You have not defined the term 'land restriction'. In our experience this means covenant, for which we do not usually hold details, but, having checked for matters that may be construed as 'restrictions' such as the site's listed buildings or s106 matters when checking the files.This information is held
Q1 - Developer for conversion of St Helens Hospital (East) was Springer Development Ltd and Gemselect. Hastings Borough Council hold no information on 'group body'. Q2 - 6 - Attached are three letters relating to the de-listing of the site's listing buildings (a possible land restriction?). Hastings Borough Council hold no other information.
Q7 - Hastings Borough Council did not purchase or own St Helens Hospital (East). However Hastings Borough Council did purchase St Helens Hospital (West) site on 21st March 2000 and sold the same on 1st April 2008.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.