FOI request (FOIR-431662018)
Hastings and Bexhill Task Force
Requested Thu 23 June 2022
Responded Tue 26 July 2022
On 02 September 2019, the HBC Cabinet received a report entitled 'Management Response to the Overview and Scrutiny Review of Regeneration Funding'.
The promised 'Next Steps' included an action to 'Consider the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force Review of Regeneration' in Autumn 2020.
The 'Hastings and Bexhill Task Force' is a registered 'Outside Body' of HBC.
Please provide the following information:
1. A copy of the 'Hastings and Bexhill Task Force Review of Regeneration' from Autumn 2020 as mentioned in the report to HBC Cabinet.
2. A copy of, or details of the 'Terms of Reference' for the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force, including:
a. How often does the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force meet?
b. Who are the other members of the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force?
c. Who provides the Secretariat for the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force?
3. When was the last meeting of the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force?
4. Who was appointed to the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force from Hastings Borough Council?
5. Is the HBC Councillor appointee accompanied by any HBC Officers to the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force meetings? If so, please provide the HBC Officer job titles.
6. Are any HBC Officers members or attendees of the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force, in their own right? If so, please provide the HBC Officer job titles.
7. In 2002, the Hastings and Bexhill Task Force established the ten-year 'Five Point Plan' regeneration strategy. From 2012 onwards, please provide any details (dates and report titles) of:
a. Any Hastings and Bexhill Task Force performance review (including value for money) or lessons-learned of its 'Five Point Plan' and the associated public funded projects.
b. Any local regeneration strategy that replaced the ten-year Hastings and Bexhill/Rother Task Force 'Five Point Plan'.
1. Please see attached 'Hastings and Rother Task Force Final Report.pdf'.
2. Please see attached 'Hastings and Rother Task Force Governance Structure final.doc'.
a. Three times a year. This was quarterly but reduced to three times a year in 2016 and as required.
b. Please see attached governance structure document.
c. Hastings Borough Council.
3. 23rd June 2020.
4. Leader of the Council.
5. (Former) 'Director of Operational Services', 'Assistant Director, Regeneration and Culture', and others as needed (such as Economic Development Manager, Marketing and Major Projects Manager).
• 15th June 2017 - Economic indicators and trends in Hastings and Bexhill
• 18th October 2017 - Report on 'Strategic Priorities'
• 26th April 2018 - Report on 'A prospectus for Hastings and Rother'
• 26th June 2019 - 'Future of regeneration delivery in Hastings and Rother' (presentation by former Director of Operational Services)
• 23rd October 2019 - Review of economic growth and regeneration activity (presentation by Hastings Borough Council)
• 27th February 2020 - Review of economic growth and regeneration activity (presentation by Lichfields)
• 23rd June 2020 - Draft Hastings and Rother Task Force review report (review of economic growth and regeneration activity)
7b. Please see attached Six Point Plan and links to the Current Hastings Local Plan and Draft Hastings New Local Plan 2019-2039.
Current Hastings Local Plan:
Draft Hastings New Local Plan 2019-2039:
Freedom of Information