FOI request (FOI219777)
Requested Fri 08 September 2017
Responded Fri 08 September 2017
This is a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act and relates to overseas trips.
From 01 January 2016 to the day this request is processed, I would like to know the number of overseas trips council officials have taken in the course of conducting council business.
For each overseas trip, please provide the following information:
- The date and duration of the overseas trip, as well as the country/city that was visited
- The full name, title and position of the council official who went on the overseas trip
- The reason or reasons why the council official went on the overseas trip
- The cost of the overseas trip (please provide a breakdown of travel costs, accommodation costs and expenses)
- Please state whether the council met the costs of the overseas trip, or whether an individual, group, company, consortium, charity or another organisation met the costs.
- Please provide the full name of the individual, group, company, charity or organisation that met the costs. If it is a group or consortium, please state who or what composes the group or consortium.
I would like to receive the information electronically. If you feel that a substantive response to this request is not possible within a reasonable time frame, or the request is too broad or too vague, I would be grateful if you could contact me and provide assistance as to how I could refine the request.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
This information is held
Please see attached spreadsheet for our Regeneration and Marketing Department - please note that officers below Director/Assistant Director level are exempt under Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 'Personal Data' this is an absolute exemption and will not be provided.
- 26th, 27th and 28th June 2017. Montargis in France.
- The reason was to attend an Interreg European Funded Steering Group for low carbon initiatives under the European Regional Development fund
- Accommodation costs 110 Euros. Travel costs £180 for Flight, Overseas Rail was approximately 50 Euros and UK rail £25.00. No other expenses were incurred.
- The Council paid 40% and the European Fund paid 60%.
- Interreg North West Europe - UP STRAW PROJECT under the European Regional Development fund.
Housing x 2
- 27 / 28 April 2017 - Essen, Germany.
- Climate Active Neighbourhoods (EU Interreg NWE) partner meeting.
- Travel - £ 473.52 Accommodation - £ 137.26. 60%
- Funded through European Regional Development Fund and 40% Hastings Borough Council
- 16 / 17 November 2016 - Lille, France.
- Sustainable Housing in Inclusive Neighbourhoods (EU Interreg 2 seas) partner meeting
- Travel - € 102 Accommodation - € 87.50 Expenses - € 44.80
- 60% funded through European Regional Development Fund and 40% Hastings Borough Council
Freedom of Information