I want to apply for or renew a private hire operator's licence
A licence is required to accept bookings for private hire vehicles. If you intend to operate from a premises which will be used as a booking office, planning permission will also be needed.
To apply for a private hire operator's licence you will need to fill out the online form below:
You will also need to provide us with:
- your certificate of public liability insurance
- a copy of your planning permission
- payment for the licence fee.
Applications will not be accepted without the above.
All private hire operator's licences are subject to conditions. A full list of these conditions can be found in the document below:
If these conditions are broken you risk losing your licence.
If you are working on a school contract for East Sussex County Council you are required to hold an operator's licence or work for someone who does hold such a licence.
View on our full list of fees.
To renew your private hire operator's licence you will need to fill out the online form below:
Taxi and private hire licences
- View the taxi and private hire handbook
- Hackney carriage and private hire driver's licence application form
- Hackney carriage and private hire driver's licence renewal form
Got a question about hackney carriage (taxi) and private hire licensing?
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Licensing team.