I want to apply for a gambling permit
There are four main types of gambling permit that you can apply for:
- gaming machine permits and notification (in alcohol licensed premises)
- unlicensed family entertainment
- prize gaming
- club gaming permits and club machine permits.
You can find out more about each of these permits on the Gambling Commission's website.
How to apply
To apply for a gambling permit you will need to fill out the appropriate form below:
- Unlicensed family entertainment centre gambling machine permit application form
- Club gaming and club machine permit application form
- Prize gaming permit application form
- Alcohol licensed premises gaming machine permit application form
Once you have completed the form you will need to return it to us. You can do this by scanning the form and emailing it to us, or you can post it to us at:
Hastings Borough Council
Muriel Matters House
You will also need to submit a plan of the premises and where you intend to locate the gaming/gambling machines.
To help you in your application for any of these gambling permits we recommend reading the guidance document below:
To apply for a gambling premises licence you must hold an operating licence. Operating licences are issued by the Gambling Commission.
The cost of a family entertainment gaming permit is £300. The annual renewal fee is also £300.
The cost of a prize gaming permit is £300. The annual renewal fee is also £300.
The cost of a club machine or club gaming permit is £100. The annual renewal fee is £50.
The cost of a licensed premises gaming permit is £150. The annual renewal fee is also £150.
View on our full list of gambling/gaming machine permit fees.
How to pay
You can make a payment in either of the following ways:
- By cheque(made payable to 'Hastings Borough Council')
- By BACS:
Branch code: 30-97-66
Account Number: 45633660
Hastings Borough Council General Account
17 Wellington Place
Gambling premises licences
Got a question about licensing?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Licensing team.