What are my landlord's responsibilities?
As a tenant it is important to know what your landlord's responsibilities are.
Your landlord has a number of responsibilities including:
- protecting your deposit
- giving you, the tenant, certain information such as the energy performance certificate for your property, a copy of government renting rules and their full contact details or those of their letting agents
- to carry out most of the repairs
- to meet safety standards
- to follow rules on rent
- to not disturb or harass you, the tenant
- follow the rules when they want you to leave.
You can find out more about your landlords responsibilities on the following websites:
If you have concerns about your landlord's actions you can report them to us.
- Pay council tax
- Report nuisance from another property
- Report housing disrepair
- Report a rogue Landlord
- HMO enquiries
Got a question about housing and homes?01424 451100
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Housing team.