Public Entry and Exit
- Where possible arrange separate vehicle and pedestrian entrances/exits to the site.
- Arrange entrance queues that do not obstruct vehicle access or nearby road junctions.
- Make sure the entrance is well stewarded.
- Undertake head-count to prevent any overcrowding on site.
- Ensure the number and location of exits can permit an orderly evacuation from the site.
- For all medium and large events consultation with East Sussex Fire and Rescue (ESFR) is recommended.
- Event organisers must ensure that there are sufficient access and egress points for attendees as well as emergency service vehicles. It is advised that pedestrian and vehicular access / egress routes are kept separate where possible.
- Emergency exits should be well signed and lit if necessary.
- Travel surfaces should be firm and free from loose material.
- Routes should have at least 1.8m clear width for pedestrians as a minimum standard.
- Except for emergency purposes, vehicle movements in the public areas of the site during the event or as the public are leaving should not be permitted.
Site Preparation and Facilities