I have lost my dog
Although your dog should be under control at all times accidents can happen. There are a number of simple steps that you can take to try and minimise the risk of losing your dog:
- Make sure your dog has a name tag showing your address. The law insists on this under the Control of Dogs Act 1992.
- It is a legal requirement to have a dog older than 8 weeks microchipped under the Microchipping of Dogs (England) Regulations 2015. There are some exemptions. If your dog is microchipped it is very simple for our contractor to read the information stored on the chip and the dog can be quickly returned to you. Please remember that your dog still needs to wear a name tag showing your name and address.
If you have lost your dog and wants to find out if it has been picked up as a stray you need to contact Animal Wardens Ltd., not the Council, in order to find out whether our contractor has seized the dog as a stray.
Please contact Animal Wardens Ltd. directly on 01424 490034
- Book a pest control appointment online
- Food Poisoning - advise us of an incident
- Food Hygiene - business premises complaint
- Make a noise complaint
Got a question about environmental health?01424 451079
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Environmental Health team.