Business continuity advice
Could your business survive a serious incident?
- Do you know and understand the major threats and risks to your business operations?
- Do you preparations address the critical emergency functions of planning, mitigation, response and recovery?
- Do you have a Business Continuity plan, and is it integrated with normal business operations?
- Have you audited and exercised your plan?
- Can you alert key staff in a crisis?
- Could you deal with interested media during an incident?
Ask yourself: Could your business safely handle a major disruption to its operations now?
What should you do next?
If you would like to develop a Business Continuity Plan for your business, start immediately.
Write yourself a realistic plan. More information and guidance about how to do this can be found on the East Sussex County Council. The guidance is produced by the Sussex Local Authority Emergency Planning Group.
You can also download a template plan to get you started. By following this template you can develop a simple business continuity plan that will be invaluable should your business be disrupted by an emergency.