FOI request (FOIR-504600494)
Requested Mon 03 April 2023
Responded Thu 13 April 2023
1. How many Community Trigger applications have you received from April 2018 to April 2022?
2. Out of the Community Trigger applications that you have received during the proposed time frame:
a. How many applications did not meet the Community Trigger threshold?
b. How many met the Community Trigger threshold?
c. Did all of those that met the threshold result in a panel hearing/review meeting? If not, are you able to expand on the reasons why a hearing review did not occur?
3. Do you have information on the Community Trigger on your website, such as what it is and how to apply for it?
4. Do you have a specified point of contact for those submitting a Community Trigger?
5. What is your threshold criteria for a Community Trigger application to be met? Please included any caveats, for example, the case must be closed, one of the incidents needs to have occurred in the month prior to the application being made, and so on.
6. How the Community Trigger can be applied for at your organisation?
7. Do you share all of the Community Trigger applications you receive with all the relevant bodies?
8a. Do you provide an independent chair to hold your Community Trigger panel hearings?
8b. How do you define independent? For example, the chair is from a different organisation/agency that is not involved in the case, or the chair is from within your organisation but is not involved with or has had any previous involvement with the case.
9. Are the victims given the opportunity to:
a. Attend the initial part of the Community Trigger panel hearing/case review?
b. Have a representative attend on their behalf?
c. Provide a statement to be read out aloud at the Community Trigger panel hearing/case review?
10a. On what grounds are applicants able to appeal?
10b. Who chairs your appeal meetings?
11. How many appeals have you received in relation to the Community Trigger application not meeting the threshold? How many of these appeals were upheld?
12. How many appeals have been made following the outcome of a Community Trigger panel hearing/case review?
2c. Not applicable
5. Please see https://www.hastings.gov.uk/community-safety/ASB-case-review/
6. Telephone and online form
8b. Not applicable.
10a. The case review produces actions that each partner agency needs to enact.
10b Not required, see (9).
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.