FOI request (FOIR-504296442)
Energy bill support payments
Requested Mon 03 April 2023
Responded Wed 26 April 2023
This Freedom of Information Act request relates to the £150 energy bill support payments (sometimes called a 'council tax rebate') issued to Council Tax band A-D households in your area as at 1st April 2022.
On 2nd September 2022, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities reminded local authorities in England to place any unclaimed 'core' £150 payments onto council tax accounts for eligible households. This allowed for payment after the 'core' scheme closed.
The questions below only relate to the 'core/main' £150 scheme. No information is required concerning the separate 'discretionary' schemes.
1. For properties where you are the local council, how many properties have an unclaimed 'core' £150 on their council tax account?
2. How many of the properties in (1) had at least one individual in council tax exemption class N as at 1st April 2022?
3. For properties where you are the local council, how many are recorded as a Home in Multiple Occupation (HMO) for planning purposes but not for council tax purposes?
4. How many of these properties in (3) have an unclaimed 'core' £150 on their council tax account and had at least one individual in council tax exemption class N as at 1st April 2022?
5. What decision(s) has the council made regarding distribution of these unclaimed 'core' £150 payments to the eligible 1st April 2022 occupants?
1. Information not held.
2. We have been able to check accounts where Class N was in place and out of those 8 are yet to claim their £150.
3. We are unable to answer this as only Houses in Multiple Occupation listed for Council Tax purposes were checked and excluded under the scheme. Any other property where the occupier was liable and eligible under the scheme were included.
4. We have been able to check accounts where Class N was in place and out of those 8 are yet to claim their £150.
5. No decision has been made as they are entitled to claim the £150 at any point.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.