FOI request (FOIR-494640486)
Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children
Requested Wed 08 March 2023
Responded Tue 14 March 2023
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from Hastings Borough Council. Please may you provide me with:
1. The number of Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC) from Vietnam currently registered in your jurisdiction.
2. The number of Vietnamese UASCs in your jurisdiction who are under 18, and, separately, between 18-25 years old.
3. The percentage of UASCs who have left their English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses before completion in the past year (that is, since January 2022).
4. The percentage of Vietnamese UASCs who have left their English courses before completion since January 2022.
5. The number of Vietnamese UASCs who left their ESOL courses early since January 2022 to work in nail bars.
6. A breakdown of the living arrangements for Vietnamese UASCs who left their Supported Living Placements since January 2022? Please send as a categorised breakdown (that is, x in council homes, y in private rental accommodation).
Information not held
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council Children's Services, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.