FOI request (FOIR-483116732)
Data on social housing stock and Right-to-Buy sales in the Council area for the period 1980-2021
Requested Thu 02 February 2023
Responded Wed 15 February 2023
I hereby submit a Freedom of Information request.
I would like access to more detailed data, that is at a finer geographical level, on social housing stock and Right-to-Buy sales in the Council area for the period 1980-2021.
Ideally, the data would follow the following format:
1. Variable of interests: Properties sold under Right-to-Buy and Social/Council housing stock.
2. Geographical unit: As granular as possible (for example, full postcode or full address).
3. Time unit: As granular as possible (for example, date).
4. Period covered: As large as possible between 1980 and present time.
5. Area covered: As large as possible (for example, all properties managed by the Council at any point in time).
6. Additional information: Discount applied, property valuation, actual sale price, number of bedrooms, or other characteristics.
The Council's social housing stock was transferred to 1066 Housing Association (now Southern Housing) in 1996 as part of a Large Scale Voluntary Transfer (LSVT). Most of the social housing stock in the borough is owned and managed by Registered Providers (housing associations), the two biggest of which are Southern Housing (formerly known as Optivo) and Orbit.
Only one housing property, a flat, has been sold via Right-to-Buy within this period, that being Stable Flat, Fairlight Place Farm, Hastings, TN35 5DT which was sold on 23/05/2017 for £172,100. No other information is held.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.