FOI request (FOIR-480723704)
Requested Tue 24 January 2023
Responded Fri 27 January 2023
We specifically request information you have on the following aspects in your area each year for the last 10 years, and welcome associated information you have:
1. Number of licensed equine establishments (both riding schools and those hiring out horses, ponies and donkeys).
2. Number of livery yards.
3. Number of licensed equine slaughtermen (knackermen) and abattoirs.
4. Number of equines slaughtered in the abattoirs and killed by knackermen in your area.
5. Number of complaints/calls relating to equine welfare, and the outcome of those calls.
6. Number of calls received about fly grazing or equine abandonment with number of horses, ponies and donkeys involved.
7. Number of horses, ponies and donkeys detained after being reported as fly grazing or abandoned.
8. Number of equine welfare related prosecutions.
9. Number of equine passport fixed penalty notices.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.