FOI request (FOIR-479830687)
Public Health Funerals
Requested Thu 19 January 2023
Responded Fri 27 January 2023
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I am writing to request the following information regarding funerals arranged by the Council under Section 46 of the Public Health Act 1984 (England and Wales) and Section 87 of the Burial and Cremation Act 2002 (Scotland).
1. How many such funerals has the Council arranged since 22nd September 2022?
2. In each case please disclose:
a. the name and last residential address of the deceased,
b. the deceased's dates of birth and death,
c. whether the deceased's next of kin/family members have been traced, and
d. whether the deceased's estate has been referred to the Government Legal Department or elsewhere.
3. Has the Council passed this information to any other individual or organisation (either formally through a FOI request or by other means)?
4. Does the Council work with any genealogist? If so, which?
5. Does the Council publish a list of Public Health Funerals it has arranged? If so:
a. Where is the list published (please provide web url if on-line)?
b. How often is the list updated?
c. When was the list last updated?
6. Who in the Council is responsible for the Council's Public Health Funerals? Please advise us of their names and contact details.
Thank you for your assistance.
1. Please see attached document.
2. Please see attached document.
3. Yes, Hastings Borough Council frequently receives requests for this information.
5. Information is updated monthly and published on our website:
6 - Natasha Tewkesbury, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.