FOI request (FOIR-477623797)
Requested Wed 11 January 2023
Responded Fri 27 January 2023
Please can you email me a list of December/January or Q3 (most current) business rates credits you currently hold for businesses including:
1. the company name for whom the credit exists,
2. the start date of the business rates account,
3. if the account is still live or the date it ended,
4. the full property address of the property with the credit on,
5. the date/year of when the credit was created,
6. the full amount of credit you hold for the business, and
7. the reason for the credit (for example, retail relief, overpayment).
Please find attached our response to your Freedom of Information request.
NOTICE OF REFUSAL
The information requested in respect of the reason for the credit balance would require us to manually check each customer records. This would far exceed the time limit set out by the Information Commissioner therefore under S12 of the Freedom of information Act 2000 which provides an exemption from the obligation to comply with a request for information if the estimated costs of complying with that request would exceed the prescribed appropriate limit.
We estimate that the costs of complying with your request would exceed the appropriate limit by a significant amount.
For this reason we feel unable to comply with this request.
Please note the Property Reference number relates to the property, not the account number for the customer. This reference is available on the internet, for example the gov.uk website regarding a property's rateable value.
The figure in the 'outstanding debt' column is the credit amount.
We do not have a report with an option to pick up credits, so we have selected those with a debt less than zero to pick up all accounts in credit.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.