FOI request (FOIR-472612436)
Council Tax Severe Mental Impairment disregard
Requested Mon 19 December 2022
Responded Thu 05 January 2023
Please can you tell me the number of households within your council who, at or around 1st January 2023:
1. Are receiving Council Tax SMI Discount?
2. Are receiving Council Tax SMI Exemption?
3. On receipt of the appropriate application and having met the criteria of both receipt of a Qualifying Benefit and Certification by a Medical Practitioner stating when the person first had SMI, do you:
a. Backdate to the date of receipt of both qualifying criteria?
b. Backdate to the date certified by the Medical Practitioner?
1. 146 (as at 21st December 2022)
2. 78 (as at 21st December 2022)
3. Option (a) - Backdate to the date of receipt of both qualifying criteria
Freedom of Information